(Gallery+Recap)Bobcats freeze the Owls in 9-2 win

Texas State junior infielder Dalton Shuffield high fives his teammates after scoring the first run for the Bobcats, Sunday, Feb. 16, 2020, in a game vs. Stony Brook at Bobcat Ballpark.

The Texas State Bobcats defeated the Rice Owls with a strong 9-2 performance Wednesday night at Bobcat Stadium.
The Bobcats improve their record to 6-3 while Rice falls to 0-7.
The Bobcat pitching staff put together another dominant performance by allowing just five hits and two runs. Though senior pitcher Garrett Herrmann started the game allowing two hits, one run and five strikeouts, it was Matthew Nicholas who received the win by allowing no hits, no runs and one strikeout.
The Texas State offense continued their momentum from their 8-7 win over Lamar with another stellar performance despite the cold weather. Junior outfielder John Wuthrich kicked off the Bobcat offensive attack in the bottom of 1st inning with a solo home run toward left field, while junior infielder Dalton Shuffield churned out a memorable performance, going 3-4 with a double and three RBIs.
Texas State will go on the road for the weekend as the Bobcats prepare for a three-game series against the Houston Cougars. The Cougars sit at 2-5 after a loss to UTRGV on Wednesday.

• The Texas State baseball team huddles prior to a game against the Rice Owls, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark.

• A Texas State Diamond Sweetheart places a “K” in the K Zone after Texas State pitcher Garrett Hermann strikes out a Rice player, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark.

• Rice junior Daniel Hernandez attempts a hit while Texas State senior catcher Tucker Redden reaches out to catch, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark.

• Texas State celebrates a homer by junior outfielder John Wuthrich, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020 at Bobcat Ballpark.

• Texas State junior outfielder John Wuthrich hits a baseball, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark. The hit resulted in Wuthrich’s second home run of the season.

• Texas State outfielder Will Hollis hits Rice pitcher Brandon Deskin’s pitch during the first inning of a matchup between the two teams, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark.

• Texas State senior infielder Cole Coffey attempts a catch at first base, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020 at Bobcat Ballpark.

• Texas State third baseman Justin Thompson throws a ball to first base, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark.

• Texas State senior pitcher Garrett Herrmann pitches to a Rice batter to start the first inning of a game between the two teams, Wednesday, Feb. 26, 2020, at Bobcat Ballpark.