Best Coffee: Mochas and Javas

Best Coffee: Mochas and Javas
Best Coffee: Mochas and Javas

Mochas and Javas is a family owned business located close to the heart of Texas State’s San Marcos campus. The coffee shop was first opened in 2003 by San Marcos High School class of 1984 graduate, Kevin Carswell. Seventeen years after opening, Mochas and Javas has expanded to various locations not only in San Marcos, but in the Dallas/Fort Worth area as well.
After Kevin’s daughter, Jordan, returned from college out of state, she joined to help her dad manage the locations they own.
The coffee shop’s first menu started with coffee options and some homemade breakfast and brunch recipes.
“The first menu was mostly coffee, and we served some outsourced pastries in the very beginning,” Kevin said joking that their first oven resembled an easy bake oven. “Then, as we got more popular and started getting our footing, we started making our own pastries and food.”
Jordan said her favorite drink is “The Snowflake Latte, which is a latte with white chocolate and peppermint.
“I always get oat milk with it instead of regular milk because I think it’s just better that way,” Jordan said.
“We also have lots of regulars that come in daily, a community, and an atmosphere that is created by us and the baristas and cooks that we hire. I think it’s also really important that we are a family-owned business.”
Visit their website at https://www.mochasandjavas.com. Mochas and Javas has locations on N. LBJ Dr and East Hopkins St.
2nd place:Summermoon Coffee Bar
Third place: Stellar Coffee