Best Music Scene: The Marc

Best Music Scene: The Marc
Best Music Scene: The Marc

With its lively performances and diverse events like Emo and Latin night, the Marc has influenced the culture and nightlife in San Marcos.

“I think we provide a safe haven for anyone in all walks of life and backgrounds regardless of any thing you are going through,” said general Manager George Garcia.

Those who frequent The Marc describe it as having an energetic and welcoming environment.
“I think it’s a great spot to gather with friends,” said Jake Harp, a frequent attendant of events
held at The Marc. “I always try to go to all the Latin nights so the next one I was looking forward
to.”

The Marc has hosted many popular artists including Zeds Dead, Blue October, ASAP Ferg and G Eazy. Liquid Stranger was their last artist before its closure due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

With the closing of many local businesses due to the coronavirus, The Marc has pushed forward, receiving community support.
“Our community in San Marcos is a close-knit group, which always supports anything that happens,” said Garcia.

Support can also be seen on social media as customers of the venue express their love for the local business and what they will miss while it is temporarily closed.
“The good memories for sure,” Harp said. “I miss the atmosphere and the times spent with my close friends this semester.”

The Marc staff looks forward to a positive celebration when the venue reopens.
“We want to do a big event at the end of this where we can open up and open the doors and just sort of have a big party and welcome everyone back,” said Garcia.

The Marc will continue to update those who have purchased tickets to postponed shows and rescheduled events. More information can be found on The Marc website www.themarcsm.com and social media @themarcsm.

2nd place: Cheatham Street Warehouse
3rd place: Tantra