The Pulse April 26

hiphop_CA_April 26, 2017

State of Texas adds 9,500 jobs
As of March 2017, the Texas economy expanded the unemployment rate to 5.0 percent, up slightly from 4.9 percent in February.
Texas expanded its diverse economy by adding over 249,000 jobs this past year, according to Corridor News.
There are many resources to find the perfect occupational fit in Texas, and those interested can do so by contacting the local Workforce Solutions office.
Just for fun parade
The eclectic Just For Fun parade took place in San Marcos April 22.
The city streets closed down for a few hours Saturday morning while the 40th annual parade took place.
Parade goers dressed in brightly colored costumes and marched through the city, according to the San Marcos Record.
MR Fest 2017 Reminder
KTSW San Marcos is holding its 10th annual MR Fest April 28-29 in downtown San Marcos.
The festival will benefit the Hays-Caldwell Women’s Center, and will kick off Friday night at Stonewall Warehouse.
For locations and lineups, click here.
Epidemic Battle of the Bands for Hip Hop Congress
Hip Hop Congress will host its annual Battle of the Bands event from 6-9 p.m. April 26 at the LBJ Amphitheater.
Multiple music genres will be performed, and the winner will receive a chance to have his or her music pitched to open for National Acts via ScoreMore plus others.
Crowd participation in judging is expected, so come out and help judge.
iPhone 8 might not release until 2018
Mass production of the new iPhone 8 may not start until October or November.
Apple is known to start its production months before announcing a phone, but this situation seems to be different from most.
If Apple doesn’t start production until these stated times, then the phone will be hard to come by until early 2018, according to The Verge.