Bobcats upset Little Rock in historic win

Kate

Texas State celebrates after breaking their 8-game losing streak and beating the UTA Mavericks 72-55, Saturday, Feb. 1, 2020, at Strahan Arena.

Caleb Howell, Sports Reporter

For the the first time in program history, the Texas State women’s basketball team defeated Little Rock on the road Thursday afternoon.

The 50-47 win over the Trojans snapped a two-game losing streak and put the Bobcats at 2-10 in conference and 9-14 overall. Despite losing in turnovers, blocks and steals, the ‘Cats’ tenacious rebounding (36-33) allowed for them to keep the game close.

Sophomore forward Da’Nasia Hood, who was recently named Sun Belt Player of the Week, put up an impressive double-double, leading both teams with 17 points and 14 rebounds.

With the game tied at 45 all with a minute to go, Hood shot the go-ahead jumper to secure the lead. Texas State’s defense in the clutch was the deciding factor in the final minutes as senior guard Bailey Holle came up with a huge steal to seal the game for the ‘Cats.

With a win on the road, the Bobcats will stay in Arkansas to take on Arkansas State on Saturday at 4 p.m.

Did you like this story? Share it on Flipboard

Flipboard share