Tennis recap: Bobcats suffer third straight loss

FILE PHOTO
Star file photo.

The (2-2) Texas State Women’s Tennis team had an indoor home match up and suffered their third straight loss against the (3-1) Northwestern State Lady Demons this past sunday.
The Bobcats took control early with back to back wins by Ana Perez and Rishona Israel-Lewis, both beating the two top seeded players on Northwestern’s team in straight sets to give the Bobcats a 2-0 lead.
But just like the skies of San Marcos, it turned gray for the Bobcats as Northwestern was able came back to win the next three games. It looked like there might be a shot for the Bobcats to tie the game when Andrea Fuchs won the first set of her match.
Judit Castillo denied them the win by winner her next 2 sets to defeat Fuchs, and give Northwestern State the win by a score of  4-2. This is the Bobcats third straight loss, and their second straight loss at home, putting them at 2-3 for the year and the Lady Demons at (4-1).
The Bobcats will be looking to bounce back when they play their double header against Mcneese State and Stephen F. Austin next weekend (Feb. 16-17) at home.