Suspect involved in road rage incident found and arrested

Courtesy of the City of San Marcos Jorge Enriquez
By Courtesy of the City of San Marcos

Wanted suspect Jorge Enriquez, 33, was taken into custody at the Nueces County Courthouse this morning regarding a warrant for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and evading arrest.
The San Marcos Police Department received a call about a road rage incident June 26 in the downtown area. Enriquez reportedly used his automobile to block in another vehicle.
“(Enriquez) then threw a beer can at the driver’s side window of the vehicle and attacked the driver, causing injury,” the press release stated. “As the victim attempted to drive away, Enriquez used his vehicle to ram the victim’s vehicle.”
At approximately 5:58 p.m., Enriquez was seen entering his apartment at 700 Bracewood Tuesday, August 27, where he then fled from officers attempting to issue the warrant for his arrest, resulting in the assistance of Hays County SWAT. Enriquez was not found in his residence and was taken into custody by the Nueces County Sheriff’s office.
According to the press release, Enriquez had a scheduled court hearing Friday morning in Nueces County.