Texas State brings in top marks at LSU Alumni gold meet

Texas State added 12 top 10 Sun Belt marks Saturday at the one-day LSU Alumni Gold meet in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
The team now trails just behind Arkansas State and South Alabama with 48 spots in the conference’s top 10.
Senior T’Mond Johnson brought home the sole individual title of the meet in the shot put with a throw of 19.24 meters. Johnson currently sits at No. 1 in the Sun Belt in both the shot put and discus events with marks of 19.43 and 53.77 meters respectively. The thrower also had a third-place discus finish of 50.54 meters.
Also bringing in a bronze medal was triple jumper Akinshe Calica-Hill, whose 48’7.25” leap marked him as not only third at the meet but fifth in the Sun Belt as well.
The Bobcats also showed out in the women’s 100-meter hurdles with Kylah Smith, Kattiana Ealy-Pulido and Javlyn Cameron finishing second, fourth and fifth. Smith’s time of 13.69 seconds secures her spot at second in the conference as well, with Ealy-Pulido and Cameron finishing at eighth and ninth.
Senior Tramesha Hardy rose to 2nd in the Sun Belt in the 200 meters with a time of 23.37 seconds. Hardy also ran alongside Dawnshae Evans, Ealy-Pulido and Breonna Hall in the 4 x 400 relay for a 3:44.66 finish, placing the group at third in the conference.
Texas State returns home for the Bobcat Classic on April 26-27 before gearing up for the Sun Belt Conference Outdoor Championships May 10-12 in Jonesboro, Arkansas.