Student Government bans TPUSA from campus, dedicates Ms. Susie memorial

Student Government vice president Keely Freund listens to student voices during the public forum April 8 during the Student Government meeting in the LBJ Ballroom.

Photo by Jaden Edison

Student Government banned conservative student organization Turning Point USA from campus April 8 in a packed regular meeting. Additionally, they passed three other legislative pieces.
During the meeting, which consisted mostly of voting to ban TPUSA, the Senate allotted an hour and a half to the public forum segment of the meeting. About 27 people took to the podium to voice an argument for TPUSA’s banishment or or saving.
In addition, Student Government passed legislation allowing a dedication to Ms. Susie, the Viking Goddess of Texas State, who died March 24. A memorial will be placed in front of LBJ to commemorate her dedication to spreading happiness throughout campus.
The Senate also passed an amendment to lower the punishment of petty crimes committed on campus and another to encourage the bookstore to sell biodegradable glitter instead of glitter that trashes the river was passed.