Softball goes 2-1 against Jaguars

Softball
Softball

Texas State softball finished its three-game series in Mobile, Alabama Sunday with a dominating 12-2 win against the University of South Alabama Jaguars that ended after five innings.
Texas State broke open the scoring in the top of the second scoring six earned runs on six hits and never looked back.
The Jaguars were able to get on the board in the bottom of the fourth inning but by then were down 7-1
The Bobcats finished off the Jaguars in the fifth inning where they notched five runs on two hits. Junior Infielder Hailey McKay (2-2) got the scoring started and finished with two doubles, two RBI, one run scored while drawing two walks.
Junior Infielder Bailee Carter (1-2) was walked in the fifth inning to close the door on any comeback. Senior Pitcher Krista Jacobs earned a win retiring three batters and allowing nine hits with two earned runs.
The Jaguars only managed to score a single run in the bottom of the fifth triggering the run rule and a victory for Texas State.
Texas State is now 11-15 overall and 2-4 in conference play.
The Bobcats return to the Bobcat softball complex where they will face off against Incarnate Word at 2 p.m. Wednesday, March 20.