Texas State softball rallies late to take the win over South Alabama

Photo by: Lesly De Leon | Staff Photographer

Quincy Charleston pitches a softball March. 25 inside Bobcat Softball Stadium.

Texas State softball put on a show in Mobile, Alabama Friday with a 9-6 win in the first of a three-game series against the South Alabama Jaguars, breaking a five-game losing streak.
South Alabama earned two runs on three hits in the bottom of the first inning, but Texas State was able to answer with an unearned run in the second and third innings.
The Jaguars were able to take the lead back in the bottom of the fourth with one run scored after a double hit to center field.
The Bobcats exploded in the top of the sixth earning six runs on five hits. Freshman designated hitter Samara Lagway (2-4) tied it up with a two-run double to right center. Oltmann (1-4) put Texas State on top after lining one to left field bringing in two runs. The sixth inning rally was continued by Junior catcher Haleigh Davis (1-4) with a two-out, two-run triple to right center field.
The Jaguars were unable to recover, only scoring one run on two hits for the remainder of the game.
Texas State is now 10-14 overall and 1-3 in conference play.
The Bobcats look to keep the momentum going in game two against South Alabama at 3 p.m. March 16 at Jaguar Field.