Bobcats come away from road trip with a four-game win streak

Sophomore, Quentin Scott, shoots a basket in the Feb. 9 game against Coastal Carolina. Photo by Kate Connors

Kate Connors

Kate Connors

Kate Connors

Cade Andrews

The Texas State men’s basketball team defeated Arkansas-Little Rock Saturday afternoon at the Jack Stephens Center by a score of 67-60.

Nijal Pearson led the way for the Bobcats with 23 points. Eric Terry scored 12 points on a perfect six-of-six from the field and Jaylen Shead added 11 as Texas State captured their fourth straight victory to improve to 21-5 overall record, 10-3 in the Sun Belt.

Texas State was down 15-11 early in the first half but managed to open the game up down the stretch. They had their largest lead of 12 points with 18:54 left in the half. Little Rock cut the lead down to three with less than a minute in the half, but Texas State managed to get back to back stops and convert on free throws.

The Bobcats return to Strahan Arena Thursday at 7 p.m. to take on Louisiana Monroe for Blackout night. Fans are encouraged to wear black to support the team. The game will be broadcast on ESPN+.