New shopping center to open on Mill Street

The development of a new shopping center located near the corner of Mill Street and Uhland Road is expected to open in the summer or fall of 2019.
The shopping center will consist of a variety of retail, food and other shops anchored by a large convenience grocery store with fuel and a restaurant. The shopping center is part of a five-and-a-half-acre development situated on the Old Mill 12-acre site.
Henry Ole, the owner of the land, said there are already some businesses expected to open in the shopping center and that residents are positive about the development.
“Our primary business is going to be called San Marcos Market, and that’s going to be a super-sized convenient store,” Ole said. “It’ll have fuel and instead of having just the junk food, it’ll have groceries, meat and produce.”
Oles said he has not heard one negative comment about having the development. Oles also said there will be a multitude of businesses in the shopping center.
Cromwell Construction is the company working on the construction, and according to owner Eric Cromwell, the development is on schedule and expected to take up the whole corner of Uhland Road and Mill Street in three phases.
“We’re doing phase one of the development right now which is just a couple of acres and the entire tract is the whole corner,” said Cromwell. “There could be up to three phases. The first phase is a 12,000 square foot retail center and we’re constructing it. The second phase is a similar building, and the third phase would be four or five acres behind that.”
Copper Beach Apartments resident Dustin Pavlicek said he is excited about the shopping center because of potential job opportunities and a new store in the area.
“There aren’t a lot of stores in the neighborhood except for a few gas stations down the road, so I think this new shopping center is going to make it a lot easier to find some basic necessities without having to leave the neighborhood.”
Additional information for the Mill Street Crossing development can be found on their website.