Medical company to relocate to STAR Park

Photo courtesy of Skymaster Photography

Medical device manufacturer Sempulse will relocate its headquarters to the Science Technology and Advanced Research Park at Texas State.
Moving the headquarters to Texas State’s STAR Park was sparked by Sempulse’s interest in both Austin and San Antonio. The innovation corridor has been promoted by Texas State and other institutions as more businesses look towards Austin, San Antonio and other cities in between like San Marcos.
The continued additions of client firms to STAR Park since its opening in 2013 come as Texas State’s 2018-19 Common Experience theme, Innovation, has focused the university on concepts related to client firms’ research and development in areas of STEM research. Other client firms located at STAR Park focus on biological, medical, thermoelectric and other areas of research and development.
“STAR Park provides the unique opportunity to leverage the resources and support provided by Texas State University as well as allowing us to have access to partners in San Antonio and Austin, making STAR Park the ideal location for Sempulse,” Sempulse CEO Kurt Stump stated in a press release. Adding Sempulse to the list of STAR Park client firms is anticipated to bring more jobs to San Marcos for students and faculty.
According to Sempulse, the company focuses on developing sensor systems designed specifically for the harsh conditions of the battlefield through a collection of biomedical, hardware, software engineers and former U.S. military officers. The company also looks to provide the opportunity to leverage Texas State faculty and students as a resource, according to Jayme Blaschke, Texas State Director of Media Relations.
The new headquarters’ opening date has not been announced at this time.
The University Star will continue to update this story as more information becomes available.

• Texas State’s research and product development, Star Park, located on Hunter Rd. and McCarty Lane.

Photo by Cameron Hubbard