San Marcos police searching for suspects in related carjackings

Star file photo

San Marcos police are searching for two suspects in what is believed to be two related San Marcos carjackings from late September and early October.
Early Sept. 23, two suspects with handguns approached a man sitting in his car at Cabana Beach Apartments, 1250 Sadler Dr. One suspect entered the car and forced the victim to drive, with the other suspect following in a white four-door car. The victim was released uninjured, but the suspects stole the victim’s vehicle.
Police responded to another carjacking late Oct. 1 on Candlelight Lane. Police said two black men with handguns approached a woman after she pulled into her driveway. The men left after she called the police.
“The victims in the incidents described both white and black male suspects wearing hooded sweatshirts with hoods drawn and bandanas covering their faces,” San Marcos police said. “The suspect vehicle is a white four-door passenger car.”
Anyone with information can call San Marcos police at 512.753.2306. The University Star will follow this story as it develops.