Student Government President Boreing announces resignation amid allegations of election code violations

President-elect Brooklyn Boreing is among the audience Feb. 28 as she films Conner Clegg's impeachment hearing.  

Photo by 
Carrington J. Tatum | Editor-in-Chief

Photo by Carrington J. Tatum | Editor-in-Chief

Student Government President Brooklyn Boreing announced her resignation Sept. 8 in a Letter From the President’s Desk, to be effective Sept. 14.

The resignation comes a week after The University Star reported on allegations against Boreing and other former Student Government presidents and cabinet members. The allegations claimed Turning Point USA and its subsidiaries had influenced Boreing’s election through an unreported donation of $2,800 and 25 iPads.

Boreing neither confirmed nor denied the allegations but stated in her resignation letter that the truth doesn’t matter anymore.

“It has come to the point where the truth does not matter, let alone my truth,” Boreing stated. “The only truth that exists is the one that is painted of me.”

In a phone interview with The University Star, Boreing said a part of her resignation stems from what she said is an unsafe environment that the general public is not aware of.

Vice President Ruben Becerra will be sworn in as the new Student Government president following Boreing’s last day in office, according to the guidelines set out in the Student Government Code and Constitution.

Boreing’s last Student Government meeting will be Sept. 10 at 7:00 p.m. in the LBJ Teaching Theater.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Student Government President Boreing announces resignation amid allegations of election code violations”

1. Sean on September 11th, 2018 12:57 pm

I hope the Star will provide the evidence of this ethical breach and do so soon, so Boreing can stop playing the victim.

2. The Texas State student senate voted to bar a conservative group. Then Gov. Abbott questioned if the school deserves state funding. - T-SPAN.TV on April 11th, 2019 10:23 pm

[…] to influence student government elections. Former student government President Brooklyn Boreing resigned last fall after being accused of receiving unreported donations — including $2,800 and 25 iPads […]

• Student Government President Boreing announces resignation amid allegations of election code violations

Suspected drunk driver hits SMPD officer

Suspect in sexual assault arrested

SMPD provides daily updates on string of sexual assaults

Second murder-suicide hits San Marcos

Traffic accident on IH35 results in one fatality