Women’s golf ties for 10th in the Bruzzy

The Texas State women’s golf team finished 10th in The Bruzzy, a two-day tournament hosted by the University of North Texas, with a score 943, 79-over par, Monday, April 2.
Taking the top spot on the team leaderboard was Texas A&M carding a score of 907. Tying for second were Iowa State and Houston with scores of 909.
Texas A&M’s Maddie Szeryk took the individual title with a carded score of 216, even par.
Anne-Charlotte Mora, junior, finished tied for 24th on the individual leaderboard with a score of 232 (77-78-77). Mora birdied four holes throughout the entire tournament. She totaled 12 bogeys, one double bogey and two triple bogeys. Her final round saw three consecutive bogeys on holes, 16, 17 and 18.
Sarah White, junior, finished with a 21-over par score of 237 (81-76-80). White saw a total of seven birdies, 20 bogeys and five triple-bogeys. She tied for 41st place with three other golfers.
Sasikarn Somboonsup, sophomore, carded a score of 238 (75-78-85). Somboonsup birdied a total of five holes over the event. In her final round, the sophomore sunk four consecutive bogeys on holes one through four. The sophomore finished the tournament tied for 45th along with five other golfers.
Sean Yi Yip, sophomore, carded a score of 246 (83-80-83). Yip birdied just one hole over the tournament’s two days. The sophomore finished the event tied for 69th place.
Sachika Singh, freshman, carded a final score of 252 (77-94-81). The freshman sunk a total of four birdies during the tournament. Her final round saw consecutive bogeys on holes two, three and four. Singh finished The Bruzzy tied for 77th place.
Next on the Bobcats schedule is a trip to the Tulsa Golf Club where they’ll compete at the Dale McNamara Invitational hosted by the University of Tulsa Apr. 9-10.