Bobcats tied for 11th at Lone Star Invitational 

Graphic by Brooke Phillips | Sports Editor

The Texas State men’s golf team competed in the Lone Star Invitational at the Briggs Ranch Golf Course March 19-20 in San Antonio, Texas.
The Bobcats tied for 11th place with McNeese at a carded score of 23-over par 887 to conclude the two-day tournament.
Logan Lockwood, sophomore, tied for 10th at even par 216. The sophomore’s first round saw 7 birdies, two of them consecutive on no. 5 and no. 6. Lockwood bogeyed 3 holes in on no.7, no. 8 and no. 9 in the second round. He totaled just 2 double bogeys the entire tournament.
Top 20 finisher Calvin Ross, sophomore, tied for 18th along with five other golfers. Ross finished 3 over par. He bogeyed 6 holes and double bogeyed no. 16 during his first round. Ross’ second round took a turn as he birdied 6 holes leaving him with a score of 5 over par. The sophomore further improved his score and carded 4 birdies in his final round.
Logan Davis, redshirt junior, tied for 51st with a carded score of 11-over 227. Davis birdied no. 5 in his first round and went into the second it round at even par. The redshirt junior bogeyed 4 holes in the second round and bogeyed 5 in the third. His last round also saw a triple bogey on no. 7.
Alvaro Carol Estrems, junior, and Inigo Benaran, sophomore, both carded 13-over par 229. Both golfers tied for 54th place. Benaran saw just 6 birdies through three rounds, while Estrems saw 8.
Coming in at first place was Oklahoma at 15-under par 849. Arkansas State claimed 2nd carding 2-over 866. The University of Texas El Paso finished 3rd at 7-over 871.
Next, Texas State heads to Lake Charles, Louisiana, where the team will compete in the Golden Nugget Invitational March 26-27.