(Photo Gallery) The Fourth Wall

(Left to right) Hilary Abigana, Greg Jukes and C. Neil Parsons perform, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

On February 27, The Fourth Wall ensemble performed their vaudeville-inspired show “Fruit Flies Like a Banana” at the Texas State Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.
Part of The Fourth Wall’s mission is to create programming that engages everyone from all ages and all musical backgrounds through a new hybrid of the performing arts in which musicians are also actors and dancers. In a theater, breaking the fourth wall brings the world on stage directly into the audience. As an ensemble, The Fourth Wall breaks the barrier between serious art and serious fun.
For more information on the ensemble, visit https://www.thefourthwallensemble.com.

• C. Neil Parsons and Greg Jukes hold Hilary Abigana on their backs while she hula hoops on one leg, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• C. Neil Parsons (left) dances while Hilary Abigana and Greg Jukes (right) play The Fourth Wall’s arrangement of “Ticklin’ Toes” by Florence Price, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall. This was The Fourth Wall’s premiere of this piece.

• (Left to right) The Fourth Wall ensemble members C. Neil Parsons, Greg Jukes and Hilary Abigana arrive on stage on hoverboards for their first arranged piece, Chopin’s “Waltz in D-flat major, Op. 64, no. 1,” Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• Hilary Abigana and C. Neil Parsons perform, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• C. Neil Parsons and Hilary Abigana hold Greg Jukes upside down while he plays the toy piano, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• C. Neil Parsons lifts Hilary Abigana while she poses like Superman and plays the Superman theme song by John Williams on the flute, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• Greg Jukes plays the snare drum while holding up Hilary Abigana as she plays the flute, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• (Left to right) Greg Jukes, C. Neil Parsons and Hilary Abigana play the vibraphone, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• C. Neil Parsons lifts Hilary Abigana upside down on his back while she plays the flute, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• (Left to right) Greg Jukes, Hilary Abigana and C. Neil Parsons perform, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• Greg Jukes (left) plays the vibraphone while Hilary Abigana and C. Neil Parsons spin each other on rolling chairs, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• (Left to right) Greg Jukes, Hilary Abigana and C. Neil Parsons incorporate a jump rope into their arrangement of Modest Mussorgsky’s “Tuileries,” Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.

• (Left to right) Hilary Abigana, Greg Jukes and C. Neil Parsons perform an arrangement of Billy Joel’s “Piano Man” with a toy piano, Sunday, Feb. 27, 2022, at the Performing Arts Center’s Recital Hall.