Long-term construction underway in San Marcos

Long-term road projects in San Marcos. Graphic provided by the City of San Marcos.

As students return to Texas State and San Marcos, various long-term roads and constructions projects are still underway, leaving detours around the city.
Mckie Street
Mckie St. will be closed from IH35 Frontage Rd. to apartment entrance for utility installation from Jan. 1, 2017, to Dec. 7, 2018, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Additionally, the 400 Block to the 600 Block in both directions for the installation of new Fire Hydrant Lines from Jan 8, 2018 to March 8, 2018, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Sessom Drive:
Various lane closures from N. LBJ to Aquarena Springs Dr. will run through January 2018 for road construction.
Luciano Flores St:
Luciano Flores from Cape St. to Tampico St. will be closed in both directions. Starting Jan. 1, 2018 to Feb. 2, 2018 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for utility Installation.
LP 82/Aquarena Springs:
TxDOT introduced a new traffic signal at the intersection of Post/Bobcat Feb. 15, 2017, Traffic will detour to the new signal until the Spring of 2018.
Vista Street:
All lanes in both directions will be closed from 310 – 312 Vista Street for utility construction until July 31, 2018
Woods Street:
A segment of Woods Street between Comanche and North Street will be closed during construction of the new Texas State University Engineering & Science Building until August 2018.