The Scene April 18

The Scene April 18

Staff

Free HIV testing on campus

There will be free HIV testing for students April 18 at Nueces Room 247. The test will be needle-free, and students should allow 30 minutes for testing and results.

Free testing will be from 5:30-7:30 p.m.

For more information, students can contact Abbi Mott at [email protected].

Extraterrestrial life presentation

Dr. Kim Rossmo will present his lecture over the dangers of finding life on other planets.

The free lecture will be held from 3:30-5 p.m. April 18 in Alkek Library room 105-106.

Refreshments will be served prior to the presentation.

Interview help with PACE

The PACE Center will host a free presentation to teach students about interviewing skills at the LBJ Student Center 3-14.1

The presentation will be held April 18 and last from 3:30-4:30 p.m.

Free food and door prizes will be available.

Parker McCollum concert in town

Parker McCollum will perform in San Marcos. He is a 22-year-old artist that has been compared to Ryan Bingham and John Mayer. He will perform April 21 at Cheatham Street Warehouse.

Tickets are $7, and the concert starts at 7 p.m.

For more information and to purchase tickets, visit the venue’s website.

Jobs at Amazon

Amazon will be hosting on-the-spot job offers April 18 at 9 a.m. to April 19 at 4 p.m. to those that meet requirements and can show an ID.

Amazon is located on 1401 E. McCarty Lane, and potential employees can walk in at any time.