Two injured in hit-and-run, SMPD asks for help identifying vehicle

The San Marcos Police Department is asking for the public’s help in identifying a vehicle responsible for a Feb. 9 hit and run that happened at the intersection of Hutchinson St. and N. LBJ Drive.
Pedro Ybarra and daughter Larissa Ybarra were crossing Hutchinson St. when they were both hit by a car and suffered injuries. Police have narrowed the suspect’s car down to two potential models: 2015-19 GMC Yukon or a maroon-colored 2015-18 Chevrolet Tahoe.
Pedro Ybarra suffered extensive head injuries and possible brain damage. He was placed in a medically induced coma at the time but is now conscious. He remains in an intensive care unit as he begins his lengthy recovery. Larissa Ybarra suffered minor injuries and was released from the hospital.
SMPD asks witnesses or those who may have come in contact with the suspect to please come forward with information. The car went north on LBJ Drive, west on Hutchinson St., south on Guadalupe St. and west on Hopkins St.
Anyone with information should contact Detective Travis Davidson at 512.753.2315.